Monday, October 02, 2006

Strange as it was

I thought it was going to be just another sunday. Boy... was I wrong!! First the day started with a Formula 1 Grand Prix -- Chinese Grand Prix, to be exact. Now this is one of the very few tracks where Michael is not very successful. As far as I remember, he spun off in the debut of the track, and performed rather poor last year. This year too, I did not expect him to perform well. And if you were to go ahead with his qualification performance, you'd say he would be lucky to finish in points. Neither Ferrari nor Bridgestone was suited for the wet condition. Michael was the only one in top ten qualifiers with Bridgestone tyres. With just 2 points seperating Alonso and Schumacher in the championship, I was certain Michael would blow up his championship aspirations here. But boy-oh-boy. The race was superb. Although it was pit-strategy that played key role, luck and changing conditions favored Michael and he won here. I wish I could give a lap-by-lap description of the race, but I can't trust my memory to describe every lap.
Anyway the race is over and now championship standings are even -- both Michael and Alonso stand at 116 points each. Ferrari lost out because of Massa's retirement, but they are just 1 point behind Renault.
That race took most of the day. Afternoon was pretty uneventful with the exception of two movies (Da Vinci Code and The Wild) and lots of SMS'es. It was the evening that was strange. I had to go to Ason for Syako-Tyako, and I left after it was dark. When I got to the gate, and was closing it, I noticed how clear the sky was, and also noticed the constellation Cassiopeia. It is one of the most easily identifiable constellation, with its distinctive W shape. Let me see if I can attach a map of that constellation
Click on the image for bigger picture. Up is North, as usual, but left is East, not West. Its optimized to be viewed lying down while looking at the sky.
So there I was, closing the gate, when I saw something unusual. Just by the constellation was a very bright object, an object brighter than the star Vega, possibly brighter than the planet Jupiter. It was just by the small star visible in the picture -- the one thats just top left of the centre star in the constellation. It was not one of the metors, or a plane, because it was not moving, but it was very bright, steller bright, I mean. I would have it as a guess, but it might have been outside the athmosphere. For the moment, I thought I was looking at a different constellation, but after about a minute, that object was no longer there. I can't say how it vanished, because I was driving then, and couldn't keep my eyes in the sky. But I am certain it was fixed. So it most probably is not satellite. But for those who'd like to confirm, the time was around 1900 hrs NST (UTC+0545).

2 Comments:

Blogger Imprez said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

म एडम्स KEVIN, Aiico बीमा plc को एक प्रतिनिधि, हामी भरोसा र एक ऋण बाहिर दिन मा व्यक्तिगत मतभेद आदर। हामी ऋण चासो दर को 2% प्रदान गर्नेछ। तपाईं यस व्यवसाय मा चासो हो भने अब आफ्नो ऋण कागजातहरू ठीक जारी हस्तांतरण ई-मेल (adams.credi@gmail.com) गरेर हामीलाई सम्पर्क। Plc.you पनि इमेल गरेर हामीलाई सम्पर्क गर्न सक्नुहुन्छ तपाईं aiico बीमा गर्न धेरै स्वागत छ भने व्यापार वा स्कूल स्थापित गर्न एक ऋण आवश्यकता हो (aiicco_insuranceplc@yahoo.com) हामी सन्तुलन स्थानान्तरण अनुरोध गर्न सक्छौं पहिलो हप्ता।

व्यक्तिगत व्यवसायका लागि ऋण चाहिन्छ? तपाईं आफ्नो इमेल संपर्क भने उपरोक्त तुरुन्तै आफ्नो ऋण स्थानान्तरण प्रक्रिया गर्न
ठीक।

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home